Veterans Services

Lorain County Recorder Mike Doran is committed to our Veterans.  We are happy to record your discharge papers and Honorable Discharge Certificate at NO COST.  Recording your discharge allows you to keep your original in a safe place and use the certified copies from the Recorder’s office when needed.  At any time that you may need more certified copies just come down to the Recorder’s office for more.  Also if you have an Honorable Discharge you can get a Veterans ID at NO CHARGE that can be used for discounts from participating retailers around the state.

To record your discharge please bring your driver’s license/photo ID and your original/certified copy of your discharge.  Contact the Lorain County Veteran services on how to get a certified copy if you don’t have your original. 

Free Veteran ID Cards

We do all that we can for our Veterans who were willing to give it all for our freedoms. Thank you veterans! Veteran ID cards are issued at our office. Bring your photo ID and Original DD-214 (if not already on file). Call 440-329-5148 for more details. Face covering required.